Why Do We Need To Talk And Plan With Our Children?
Social support and social interaction are one of the most important factors in predicting the physical health and well-being of everyone, ranging from childhood through older adults. Although social interaction is complex, I believe that it is vital to human health, both mentally and physically.
What is Social Interaction and Communication?
- Interaction always needs two or more people
- Interaction is like a serve and return in tennis.
- The server starts the communication by sending a message – the person at the other end returns the message.
- Good interaction keeps going back and forth like this until someone exits the interaction
When Do I Interact With My Baby?
- Whenever you are with your baby, you can start an interaction.
- During feeding, bathing, dressing, play and cuddle time
- It is often best when your infant is calm and alert – but when your baby is distressed, they should be comforted or re-assured and this is interaction.